Monday, February 15, 2010

Moist Chocolate Cake



Last Saturday was my friend’s (Febry) birthday. His friends and I were planning to surprise him by giving him a birthday cake. So I made this moist chocolate cake from a recipe that I’ve found in the internet (because I was dying to try this recipe but never had an opportunity to make an experiment of it..:))

This cake is using a buttermilk and vegetable oil instead of butter. That’s why it’s called moist chocolate cake because usually a vegetable oil-based cake is moister compare to the butter one. When the baking was done, I found out that the cake had a lot of crumbs and I had a difficulty when I tried to trim it and to spread the chocolate ganache on every layer of the cake. Oh no…and it’s getting worse when I poured the ganache over the cake, I couldn’t do it smoothly. The result was beyond my expectation of what my cake was going to be. So I felt really unsatisfied and tried very hard to fix it. The first attempt was failed so I tried to give it shot one more time but then again it’s failed and even worse. I was so depressed that day. .:(..I tried to calm myself down and to think what I should do to cover the side of the cake because I’ve run out of chocolate and it’s late already so there were no stores were opened. I was looking in my refrigerator and (thank God) found a box of chocolate. The expensive one actually..:) but I didn’t care as long as it could help me to fix the cake. I melted the chocolate and made a chocolate fence from it and placed the chocolate fence surrounding all over the cake. Well, I was quite relieved then. By the way, I forget to tell you that the cake was so tall (thanks to the buttermilk and a baking soda that I used) that’s why it needed a lot of chocolate :)


The next day my friend picked me up to meet everyone. I was quite worried that they would not like my cake. So I told them what had happened when I made the cake. They were laughing and joking that they wanted to get a discount..but when the time to show the cake had come, they said that they liked the cake very much. I was so happy knowing that. Well, but I guess I won’t make this kind of cake for the next time. I will stick to my mom’s chocolate cake recipe that I love so much..:)


No comments:

Post a Comment